The Electrical Controls Engineer is responsible for designing, programming and commissioning systems used in a variety of industries and for developing and commissioning multiple projects utilizing the latest in automation technologies.
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities
· Responsibilities include planning stages to field installation and commissioning.
· Electrical programming responsibilities can include the integration of auxiliary equipment such as robotics, vision systems, user interface and other devices.
· Audit and test completed motor control panels for overall sound construction and compliance with all design standards and specifications
· Power feed calculations, 480 volt power schematics, 120 volt control schematics, I/O drawings, field device layouts, PLC and panel layout/design, panel commissioning and checkout
· Confer with sales engineers, project managers, customers, and others to discuss and understand project specifications, scope and design requirements.
· Generate electrical and pneumatic schematics
· Design the control panel layout and maintain a list of purchased parts.
· Prepare specifications for purchase of materials and equipment
- Electrical Design and programming within Allen-Bradley PLC systems
- HMI Development
- System Site Commissioning per customer specifications and codes
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience designing control systems
- Proficiency in programming Allen Bradley ControlLogix processors
- Experience in electrical installation
- Background in Human Machine Interface (HMI) and Visual Basic packages is a plus
- Database experience a plus - Microsoft SQL Server or Microsoft Access
- Software application experience utilizing Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office applications
- Time Management skills, the ability to manage his/her own time to finish assignments according to assigned time schedules
- Punctual, Detail Oriented and Excellent Reporting Skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to meet deadlines and complete work accurately.
- Ability to maintain customer relationships professionally
Relocation Package is Available for this Opportunity.